[T3] Bosch plug wire question on coil wire .

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Nov 9 17:20:33 PST 2019

On 9 Nov 2019 at 10:01, William Jahn wrote:

> If I at some point need another set I'd rather make my own although it
> seems to cost more if one needs new plug ends and tin seals

Once you've bought 2 sets, you should have enough parts to keep you
going for years.

I have any parts you might need, plus plenty of Belden SP wire to
replace old wires that may have gotten hard and cracked. I find that
the only parts that tend to need replacement over time are the wire
and the occasional SP connector that goes open. The OG parts were
exceptionally reliable.

I have a few Bosch SP cable sets, but I've found that they didn't get
the lengths right. None of them are long enough to reach #1 while
running in the correct path. I have to make a new wire for #1,
discard the shortest wire (or save it for someone's coil) and modify
the others for 2, 3, and 4.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org