[T3] Bosch plug wire question on coil wire .

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Nov 10 05:34:18 PST 2019

On 9 Nov 2019 at 19:20, Jim Adney wrote:

> I have a few Bosch SP cable sets, but I've found that they didn't get
> the lengths right. None of them are long enough to reach #1 while
> running in the correct path. I have to make a new wire for #1,
> discard the shortest wire (or save it for someone's coil) and modify
> the others for 2, 3, and 4.

As for the right angle dist cap connectors, there's nothing as good as the OG
ones by Bosch or Beru that screw onto the wires. NEVER throw those away,
as they can be unscrewed and reused indefinitely, and they are NLA new.
When I sell a new wire set, I generally cut off the supplied cap connectors
and install good used OG connectors. This is expensive in the short term,
but it's a long term solution that's cost effective overall.

If you don't have right angle dist cap connectors, the SP wires will stick up
and wear thru the insulation on the underside of the engine cover.
Eventually, this will also wear thru the insulation on the SP wires.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org