[T3] Stock engine issue resolved

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Nov 15 09:21:59 PST 2019

On 15 Nov 2019 at 10:41, Keith Park wrote:

> I recently learned in the Keikhafer world, condensers need replacing every
> time, they must not be made by bosch. I think I had the original still in
> the outboard and its had an intermittant idle/stalling problem for many
> years that was likely the condenser.

I had to Google Keikhafer to see what you were talking about. Not much info
out there, but I gather that these were a line of outboard motors from
Mercury Marine.

Do you have one? If so, how many cylinders? What HP? I get the impression
that these were BIG engines for the time, including the first inline 6 and the
first 100 HP outboards, both done in the late '50s.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org