[T3] Stock engine issue resolved

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Nov 15 16:19:38 PST 2019

Yes, Keikhafer is the parent company that makes, or made Mercury outboard
engines.  I have a Merc 400, a 4 cyl inline that was made from 60-61, they
were well made engines, from little ones to the big high HP ones,  the 400
is 40cu in and 45HP 2 cycle, which you cant get anymore.. the modern ones
are all 4 cycle, and todays 45HP is MUCH MUCH heavier and would sink my
little 12' Penn Yann.  the 45HP is the biggest thing you could put on the
boat in the day, for racing applications.

These motors have dual Tillotson carbs, and magnetos.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com
71 Squareback  "Hothe"
65 Notchback  "El Baja Rojo"
93 RX7  "Redstur"
95 Chrysler Cirrus Lxi "Cirfogsalot"
"hanging out at the tail end of the bell
curve, and loving every minute of it!"