[T3] steering box

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Nov 22 01:34:47 PST 2019

The later Type 3 boxes should be grease filled, and while the oil component may separate with time, it's unlikely to make a 'big wet stain'.

Screen washer fluid leaking?
Fuel? (unlikely; you would smell it).
Spare bottle of oil split or leaking?

You will have to look for evidence of what is leaking. Was the steering box replaced with an oil-filled one maybe?

Good to hear you and the Baroness are still together.

Dave
UK VW Type 3 and 4 Club.