[T3] Battery hold down strap.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Oct 8 05:55:48 PDT 2019

On 7 Oct 2019 at 9:26, Dan Zink wrote:

> Well...after 54 years my Battery hold down strap finally broke.
>
> I see this one listed - anyone know if it'll work ?
>
> https://www.wagen-werks.com/battery-hold-down-strap-bug-1955-to-1964/
>
> Granted it's listed as for bugs....but it look very similar....

Like you, I would have expected these parts to be the same as used on
beetles, but looking at the parts book, I see that the straps for our 6 V cars
are 311 numbers, while the part listed here is a 113 number. (The cover for
Type 3s is a 211 number.) Maybe the straps are different. I don't know, but
VW was generally pretty good about reusing earlier designs if they could.

Give them a call and ask. They seem to be open to that.

It's also interesting that this is from Wagen Werks in CA, while I've got a
rebuilt fuel pump to mail back to a Wagen Werks in WA this morning. The
CA one appears to be a parts house, while the WA one is a shop that works
on VW, Porsche, Mercedes, and Audi cars.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org