[T3] odd issue RPM hangs.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 09:11:45 PDT 2019

I don't know if my replies came through seems there was a mail delivery
issue. Yes the timing mark is the 3rd mark from the left and I will check
if a spring came off . It does not act like one has yet only one way to be
sure. I lubed all the weights and pivots and trigger cam with bosch dist
grease seemed like the best grease for the job. As I recall the springs
looked new and if they come off it would have to be on the adjustment post
end . I can see them through an opening in the advance plate so I will
look. If that's not the issue then for some reason perhaps when the dist is
hot something is binding.

 I may pull it so I can at least  mount the condenser so I can install
points in case the old pertronix fails . I had this issue with other dist
from the 72 in there yet it was pinging no springs were broken yet it
looked gritty inside perhaps binding the weights. These units are not that
involved so what ever is causing this hopefully will be an easy fix.