[T3] Road Trip Visitor

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Sep 5 05:20:42 PDT 2019

I had a visitor yesterday. Sean Bartnik is on his way west, visiting various
places that are on his bucket list, and was able to stop here for a couple
hours. That meant that I got to meet him and see the "Crate" which Keith
restored and repainted before selling it to Sean.

It's always good to be able to meet a listee that I've never seen before and
put a face to the name.

Wow, Keith, the Crate is beautiful, inside and out! Really nice paint job. And
Sean has done a great job getting finishing off some mechanical details to
put her in really tip top shape for a trip like this. He's been getting ~30 mi/gal
at 65-70 mi/hr, burning no oil and no oil leaks now.

We had a nice visit here, then Sean was off to Rochester, Minnesota and
points west. He's planning to visit some of the national parts that he's not
been to before, but probably not get as far as the west coast.

Thanks for stopping here, Sean. Safe Travels.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org