[T3] On my 73 square

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 15:14:08 PDT 2019

The trigger points are NOS Bosch I got in 2003 as are the injectors. I
first noticed this miss in 2009 by accident engine running taking things
out the the back I heard it yet didn't notice it driving the car. I just
let it be until when I decided to check the generator out put watching the
voltmeter and found it was really difficult to raise the RPM and hold it
steady just above the 1,000 RPM idle to about 2500 RPM it would hang and
raise and lower just unsteady. That's when by chance I unplugged TS1 and
found it cleared it all right up.

 I don't know what would go wrong with the ECU , I had to have it jumped
twice once by another car and once by a portable jump unit , it was not
like either had real high voltage and everything else in the ECU works fine
and the jumps were back in 2002 or 3 and I had the car running while
talking to people and it was all connected and ran steady well after that.

 I have no idea how the ECU works as far as the TS2 and TS1 internal
workings. I know they are on different connectors and both read a ground
reference one through the head and one through the ECU pin 13 I think. From
what I can tell pin 1 is the input for TS1 and 13 it's ground 11 is also a
ground and 14 seems to be the TPS ground since it had the EGR . I removed
the valve and the relay and had no issues running. Left 14 as it was. If
there is an issue in the ECU it would seem to be pin 1 and how the ECU
reads it. I've looked at block diagrams and from what i can tell TS1 and
TS2 are different paths.

 If I had a fuel pressure issue I have no problem at high speeds it never
lacks power . All the issues seem to stem from TS1 so first I need to check
pin 1 & 13 at the ECU connector to the plug on TS1 so I know I have a good
connection with no opens or short to ground on either wire. In an a way it
seems they are fine or unplugging TS1 would not affect anything unless pin
1 has an issue. I certainly hope it's not the ECU sounds like an expensive
replacement if I can even find one known to be good. I did find the testing
for the Bosch tester that plugs into the ECU and seems like it will tell if
it is the ECU. I just saw the one with the lights not the gauge.