[T3] Two tests

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Sep 17 14:37:37 PDT 2019

On 17 Sep 2019 at 12:36, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> So can we assume that the "brain tests" that you did with swapping out
> procedure with your '73 Square used a whole different cache of brains that
> you & I did using my '69 square?

Yes, with your help, I think we checked A & B brains. Those are the only
ones that would be compatable with your system. On the '73, I think I could
have checked both versions of the E brain, but I was really only interested in
the '73, 048 version.

> That day, I think you had 8 or 10 brains to swap in & out with
> 1.)  me in the driver seat, operating the Ignition Switch and listening for
> the "two clicks" &
> 2.)  you plugging in and removing the brains in the cargo compartment.
>
> Did you have help? Or did you perform both jobs by yourself?

Having your help certainly made it go faster, but I was able to do it alone this
time.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org