[T3] Two Tests

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:54:27 PDT 2019

Well , tightened up all the fuel injector plugs and sprayed electronic
cleaner . Did the same with the TPS and  trigger points and of course TS1 .
The only change, ( it didn't pop out the exhaust letting up on the gas
pedal or using the throttle lever.) It still had the miss and unsteady idle
speed, goes up and down about 200 RPM just idling and bringing up the RPM
still struggles. I'm sure the 200 RPM up down idle (since it's consistent)
alters the vacuum signature to the MPS and timing unless the mechanical
advance is probably not advancing at that RPM.
 The 200 RPM up/down is not like hunting it's not aggressive. It follows
the miss. I don't see how the trigger points would cause this doesn't do it
with TS1 unplugged even at the same RPM and it never misses  driving it at
any speed. When I did all the work and had the injectors out I didn't see
any crud in the little filter screen on the inlet of any of the injectors.

 I cannot find any issue with TS1 it self . As before the instant I unplug
TS1 all the above clear instantly. I didn't try the 72 ECU didn't see the
point.

 I read on Samba all the white FI wires have numbers and they do yet the
ones on the TPS are all legible and only #9 and #20 are correct the other
three are 30,36 & 37 in order , I was told one could use these numbers to
trace circuits I don't think so at least not in the Bentley.

 It seems to boil down to the ECU TS1 internal circuit. I would say it's
slightly lean because of the reaction of unplugging TS1 yet I've read it
could be either on Samba. If it's not the ECU then it's possible the MPS is
set to lean, yet two of them acted the same way even though one was a 0 280
100 101 / 311 906 051D in the car now 0 280 100 116/ 311 906 051E.  I
replaced the plugs and all the old ones looked exactly the same. The
insulators  were white and the ground arm was dry black sooty as were the
ends of the threads. This could be because of short trips and a lot of stop
and go driving.
 I don't have much of a sense of smell I can smell gas I don't smell
anything near the exhaust to tell.