[T3] Two Tests

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:33:38 PDT 2019

JIm :

 Today I looked at the PCV . it's pretty gunked up. On this site
https://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/PCV.htm

 It explains the PCV operation and from what I read it seems most of the
time it stays close to closed . When I took the small cap off and ran the
engine at idle it was wide open. I do recall long ago when I made a new
gasket for it since it was missing it was barely open. It seems the way it
works the vent slots inside which can't be seen do most of the venting.
Wide open to me even though it's a closed system seems like one huge vacuum
leak , placing my finger over it didn't seem to change the way it ran much
it certainly didn't help one bit with TS1 connected. As I said I do recall
it not being wide open at idle . I am soaking it in electronics cleaner
which does not attack plastic , whether  that can come even comes close to
cleaning the gunk out of it is a long shot.