[T3] Please edit your replies!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Apr 15 15:01:46 PDT 2020

On 15 Apr 2020 at 12:35, Phil Hof wrote:

> Just a plea for folks to edit their replies to exclude so many lines from
> prior posts. ItTMs not unbearable on a PC but on a phone the scrolling is
> endless and the actual new messages are often hard to locate. The last one
> had only two posts but over 1000 lines of text! Thanks for listening¦

I've made this same plea several times. I'm afraid that for folks who are
doing this on their cell phones, they have never bothered to scroll down to
see what they are posting on top of. "Out of sight, out of mind."

Please, everyone, it pays to pay attention, and when you look attentive, you
also look more intelligent.

For the record, this is part of why I like to promote bottom posting: It puts the
question (the part you're replying to) ahead of the answer (the part you're
adding), and that puts you face to face with the rest of the stuff down below.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org