[T3] Can You Find the Type 3 Part?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Apr 9 20:22:22 PDT 2020

One of the people I enjoy watching on YouTube is a guy called Musti1.
His videos almost all involve bringing some piece of air cooled
internal combustion engine back to life, anything from a chain saw to
a VW. I like him because of his sense of humor and because of all the
little tricks he uses to get to the heart of a problem and get around
it. I've learned a lot from his videos.

His latest video involves a VW-powered kit car. Unfortunately, this
video is well over an hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhKXH-dp7B4

The bonus here is that somewhere on this car, there's a uniquely Type
3 part: a VW part that was only used on Type 3s, never on Beetles,
Buses, or Type 4s, not even on 914s.

Can you find it? It's visible in the first 10 minutes, but you really
won't get a good closeup until much later.

Still, if you've got time, and who doesn't these days, it's a good
video with lots of good troubleshooting. You'll also get to see lots
of really poor assembly from the idiot who put this car together.

BTW, Musty is the guy with gray hair and the hat. The other guy is a
friend who he's helping. Neither one of them built this car.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org