[T3] Can You Find the Type 3 Part?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Apr 10 10:34:46 PDT 2020

On 10 Apr 2020 at 12:12, John Jaranson wrote:

> Just looked again.  I noticed it this time...I think.  Is it the license plate light housing from a late Square?

Yep, that's the one! It's not the latest one, it's the 68-72 version, with the
chrome trim that was dropped for 73 (and maybe also for part of 72.)

> The 90 degree plug wire ends look like aftermarket ones.

Yes, aftermarket; some straight, some right angle. Did you like the plug wires
with the insulation completely cut/broken thru in places? Still worked just
fine, since there was nothing nearby to spark to.

The windshield I don't think we can be sure of, one way or another. Lots of
possibilities, including Type 3. I just walked outside to take a better look at
my Type 3 windshield, and more and more it looks like the one on the kit car.
Maybe Hal was right.

There may be other things, too.

This car is a really good example of how badly a kit car can be built up. I
really like Mustie1's videos, because he does a good job of showing how to
figure out and fix problems, including other people's screwups.

Everyone out there keeping your distance and staying healthy? COVID-19
may not be in your neighborhood yet, but it's coming soon. Be prepared.
This is not just someone else's problem.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org