[T3] 2056 engine update

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Aug 8 17:52:48 PDT 2020

Yes, the cam/crank gear has always been loose on this engine, but im
wondering
how much of that was end play in the cam and the loose crank gear on the
crank, Ive never had any binding between cam and crank gears, Im running a 0
gear as thats all you can get new, and I think this case was -2 originally.

Keith

> That crank felt fine when all torqued in place, never bound up any time
> during or after assembly but something was tight...

I see that Type 4 cams came with an assortment of gear diameters, from -3
to +3, just like Type 1s and 3s. I assume you know how to check the gear
clearance.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org