[T3] What's a 1972 Fastback worth?

Dennis Stiefel dad23boys at live.com
Thu Aug 13 16:17:22 PDT 2020

We bought a 70 Fastback for a project for my class about 5 years ago. The body was rock solid had a fresh 1776 with a Webber carb. The owner had put the engine in new as a crate engine and never could get it to run so it sat in his garage for 5 years. Bought it for $1200.  Got it to the shop at school we tweaked on for a little bit and found he had all the plug wires mixed up. It fired right up after that and ran like a top. We freshen up some things on it and turned around and sold at the school auction for $2500. Probably had about $1500 in it. I guess it varies what part of the country you are in. Here in the south they tend to go for less.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville AL