[T3] Anyone seen this one?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:32:15 PDT 2020

My 73 once I took the engine apart the case was a X . It had dished pistons
and stepped head as did the 72 U case that I rebuilt and is in the car now
, both auto trans engines.

 What I don't know is if either was the original engine or if the dished
pistons were used in 72 and 73 . The pistons inthe 72 I rebuilt are german
flat tops with stepped heads. I only read there were early 1600's and the U
case had 7.7 to 1 and X were 7.3 to 1 . Both being dished pistons I would
have to say both were 7.3 to 1 . I figure with the flat tops mine is now
7.7 to 1 and really the timing should be TDC instead of 5 *BTDC . It does
seem to have more power set closer to TDC which is what the U case was set
to. I'm just going by the Bentley and Haynes engine specs . don't have any
other books.