[T3] Anyone seen this one?

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 08:08:31 PDT 2020

Did any of you happen to see the video that followed the orange 73? Some
fellow put two 2300 something CC air cooled engines in the front tied
together with 8 carbs sitting out through opening in the top of the hood.
with tilt forward hood and a standard trans from a different car not VW and
a ford rear end . Said it created around 400 HP. ? If not go back to the 73
orange video it should be the next video in the line up.

 Mine 73 is an auto trans yet I prefer a 4 speed. The Auto works fine,
still I'd rather have a 4 speed.

 I have now real idea why there is a HP difference on a 72 and 73 FI T-3 .
Mine does not have the smog EGR just the PCV setup . As I said and don't
know if the X case that came in my 73 and the U5 case I rebuilt from the 72
both had steeped head and dished pistons . I don't know if the original
engine was original to my 73 . All I do know is when I rebuilt it I used
flat top pistons made in Germany. for the rebuild. I suppose the PCV could
be considered smog related yet shouldn't affect HP.