[T3] Anyone seen this one?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Aug 26 15:33:56 PDT 2020

On 25 Aug 2020 at 17:40, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> The lower compression was part of it. The other reason it´s lower is in the US they start making most companies take the HP from the wheels instead of the crank. If you notice most manufacturers had a big HP drop from 71 to 72

This is what strikes me as most likely. I've owned all the FI years other than
'70, and have never noticed much difference in overall performance. I've had
each of them over 100 mi/hr. Yes, we get there slowly, but it will happen.

I posted a long comment on that video. Hope it sheds more light than heat.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org