[T3] What's a 1972 Fastback worth?

Larry Thrasher larryt3162 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 16:27:08 PDT 2020

I appreciate your input. I think I'm going to be giving this one a miss. Sounds like you and your students really got a deal there.

LarryT

  On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 6:17 PM, Dennis Stiefel<dad23boys at live.com> wrote:   We bought a 70 Fastback for a project for my class about 5 years ago. The body was rock solid had a fresh 1776 with a Webber carb. The owner had put the engine in new as a crate engine and never could get it to run so it sat in his garage for 5 years. Bought it for $1200.  Got it to the shop at school we tweaked on for a little bit and found he had all the plug wires mixed up. It fired right up after that and ran like a top. We freshen up some things on it and turned around and sold at the school auction for $2500. Probably had about $1500 in it. I guess it varies what part of the country you are in. Here in the south they tend to go for less.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville AL

If you need more help, contact: gregm at vwtype3.org