[T3] Muffler

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Dec 14 11:54:06 PST 2020

The photos Larry sent me are of an early VW Type 3 muffler. It's not one of
the earliest versions, but it has the preheat pipe for the single carb engines
and also the threaded "nuts" to connect it to the separate rear heat
exchangers. It's a Leistritz, which is the very best brand, probably the same
as the OE VW parts.

It could be used in your '68 if you cut off that preheat pipe and brazed it
closed. I already have one of those in my stock, but have not had anyone
ask for one in years. They are rare, but the demand is nil. Not many single
carb Type 3 engines still out there.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org