[T3] Oil cooler seals.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 1 13:53:18 PDT 2020

On 1 Jul 2020 at 12:39, William Jahn wrote:

>  I was talking about replacing the rear main seal, you know that huge bolt
> that holds the flex plate to the crank , the one that requires something
> like 275 ft lb's .

I think it's 225 ft-lbs. Divide 225 by your weight and that will tell you how far
out on a breaker bar to stand to get that torque. Don't jump on it just stand
gently.

The hard part is figureing out how to keep the flex plate from turning. I have
holes drilled in a length of steel angle that I bolt to the plate or the flywheel.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org