[T3] torsion arm needle bearings and machining Delrin bushings

Jacob Wener jacobjwener at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:13:50 PDT 2020

Hello All,

Just bought a 70 square back, and the drivers side upper torsion arm needle bearing (and thrust ring) appear to have exploded into nothing long ago.  With no luck finding the bearings or thrust rings, or even an off the shelf urethane bushing to replace them, I’m onto machining my own bushings out of Delrin.  The debate is- do I just make a bushing to replace the outer needle bearing and thrust ring, and leave the original inner bush in place (as it appears to be ok) or should I machine a whole sleeve to replace everything? Has anyone done these for a type 3 beam that could help provide some insight as to what dimensions I should machine the bushings to?

Thanks in advance.

Jacob