[T3] Engine oil temp?

Hal Sullivan tristessa at tristessa.us
Sun Jul 19 09:45:05 PDT 2020

On 7/19/20 9:36 AM, Mike Fisher wrote:
> except that warning lights alert you quicker than gauges.

If the pressure drops enough to trigger the light, sure.  OTOH if you
usually see 50PSI on your gauge while cruising down the freeway at 65MPH
-- pulling numbers out of my ass -- and one day you're cruising the same
freeway at the same speed and only see 35PSI, you might catch whatevers
amiss before it becomes a catastrophic problem.  Had that scenario
happen in a watercooled VW years ago and was able to get by with only
replacing the oil pump instead of the entire engine, because I caught it
in time, because of the gauge.