[T3] Lower ball joint choices

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 8 05:49:17 PDT 2020

On 7 Jul 2020 at 21:16, B Fye wrote:

> What brand are folks using with success these days?

I don't think there's much to choose from these days. The ones I've seen
have been from Meyle. When I look at rockauto.com I see 2 choices, IAP
and AC Delco, but only Delco shows it coming with new nuts and washers.
It's likely that both were actually made in the same place. The small extra $
for the Delco might be worth it, because the nuts sometimes get damaged in
removal and the washers are often broken when you get things apart.

I have a couple of some brand here. What do you need, upper or lower?
They seldom wear out unless the boots are torn, so be sure to check them
first. See the Bentley about how to check them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org