[T3] Its all apart, and the verdict is in

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jul 10 20:20:54 PDT 2020

Well Ive got the 2056 all apart now and the crank is toast!

Crank gear is loose on the crank, no idea why that happened but the rattling
around may have precipitated

this entire thrust bearing issue on the cam, but the crank is worn itself
where the gear is so its toast, now I need to get the spare turned and run
with that.

There is also some evidence that the break in oil that nearly seized the
engine when it was first run had done some damage to the bearings too.

So who's the best choice for turning or cleaning up a crank? and what is the
current story on T4 bearings or who would know?  8 years ago you couldnt

get quality bearings anymore especially with a case that was .050,  has that
changed?  I do have spare bearings but they are used

and Id MUCH rather put something new in there if they can be had of quality.

Sigh!  I really didnt have time for this, but you dont rush things like this
either.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations

topnotch at nycap.rr.com