[T3] (Fwd) 1969 Fastback Fuel pump

Tim Schiller schillertim at comcast.net
Wed Jun 17 06:59:08 PDT 2020

The main relay appears good and the red wire from battery has a solid connection. I have been following the string of posts from Wisconsin Spryers. Our problem is very similar. The problem started for both of us after filling an almost empty fuel tank. I don’t know if previously mentioned, as car started to sputter and die, the fuel relay was clicking repeatedly.

I am currently at the cluster of wires (6) that run from the brain to the ignition distributor and temperature sensor II. The 2 white wires to the temperature sensor II were taped by prior owner. After removing tape, one wire easily came/broke off. I am cleaning connections and replacing broken wire which was a little brittle and burnt. My immediate question is does it matter how these 2 wires are connected to the sensor? I removed the wires from the plastic connector to clean but did not mark each wire to put back in connector.

Sent from my iPhone