[T3] Oil cooler seals.

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 07:53:59 PDT 2020

I didn't know they got deformed over time. My strainer is old and the
original holes seemed fine. What I didn't foresee were the holes in the
sump plate fit  tighter on the studs. I didn't hit it hard with the hammer
hitting the small ball peen just enough to bring down the raised area .
Most of the leveling was done with a file.  I even looked at each hole saw
a slight ridge on the gasket face and cleared that away with a countersink
just to remove the ridge and used a sharp blade to remove any burr's. It
went on and seated with a push yet didn't try to fall off like it's always
done. I doubt I shrunk the holes  that much. Maybe because it is now flat
is what caused the difference. Or just sight hammer blows on the ball peen
did shrink the holes just a bit. I saw one video with a fellow really
pounding the plate with a good sized ball pen to get the holes level, his
plate needed more force to seat it down. Think it was Airhead parts.