[T3] Ok, its apart!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jun 28 17:30:15 PDT 2020

Well the 2056 is apart and my worst fears are realized, What I was afraid Id
see.

NOTHING WRONG!

cam and lifters look fine, lifter bores look fine, nobody ever figured out
why the lifters werent rotating with the last build but not a problem here,

Cylinders have maybe a LITTLE scuffing,nothing serious, barely feel it with
your fingernail, little or no scuffing on the piston skirts,

if the pistons had enough slap to make the engine sound like a diesel,
wouldnt you see scuffing on the piston skirts?

The ONLY thing I didnt like is that the appears go have about .012 end play
in it, would that get it slapping around in there?

There is a problem with these motors cam end play hitting the oil pump, but
i have a T1 oil pump in it...  shouldnt be an issue.

Sigh!  Little more that I can do but put a newly bored set of cylinders and
new pistons in it, ones that have been fitted correctly and hope for the
best,

I really cant find anything I dont like, I havent split the case but im not
going thru that ordeal if nothing appears wrong in there...

Keith

Topnotch Restorations

topnotch at nycap.rr.com

http://www.topnotchresto.com