[T3] Ok, its apart!

William Jahn willjahn975 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:22:51 PDT 2020

Are you talking about cam end play? As far as piston skirts I can't recall
if that noise went away or not. If not most skirts should not slap they
should be a close fit just enough to allow oiling. The only time I had
piston noise was on a 69 Ford Van 302 V8 I bought from my father. The noise
was worse cold yet never went away fully warmed up. He overheated it once.
I didn't do anything about it until it had 250,000 miles and one day a
valve burned. Then I decided to overhaul it. Found all 8 pistons had the
inner skirts cracked . I was amazed they didn't come off. I didn't hear it
on the coast just on acceleration.