[T3] Ok, its apart!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jun 29 18:58:20 PDT 2020

Or build it on the case I have, that has about 250K on it now without ever
being case-savered!  Yea, I have quickly retreated back into the T3 world
when this has gone bad in the past havent I?  well this time I cant just
stick the old motor back in and there is alot RIGHT with the 2056 this time,
I have a feeling the pistons are OK, they are not scuffed up hardly at all
and Im thinking of re-using them with new rings and have them fitted to
OEM cylinders bored to 96, so I get the quality jugs and KB pistons in
proper pairs.

as for the cam end play that is the likely culprit, Ill know more when I
split the case but im worried about HOW do you tighten end play if its too
loose upon fresh install?  I found Ray Greenwood's writeup on double thrust
shells, I dont THINK I have them in there, but I should... either way, I
really just stuck things together and with the last build and last cam it
was .007 out of the box, still too loose.

Id also like less slop in the cam/crank gears, but since I can only get a 0
gear...  that issue seems to be totally overlooked on the forums, how loose
is too loose and what can you do about it?

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
http://www.topnotchresto.com