[T3] Fuel Pressure Gauge"s

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jun 3 10:26:42 PDT 2020

On 3 Jun 2020 at 11:04, Arthur Sterrett wrote:

> Working on this 1971 Fastback with FI.  Where is the best place to
> find a fuel pressure gauge and correct type and size of hose?  All the
> places here in Mobile have kits that include things I would probably
> never use, they are also quite expensive ($94.00) and up!

I'm assuming you want a gauge for temporary hookup to check your
pressure. I have good hose for $3/ft.

McMaster-Carr has a $10 gauge that would work just fine: 4089K61. It has
an NPT connection that you'd have to adapto to a 5/16" tube to connect to
the hose.

Or I could buy the gauge, adapt it, and sell you a kit that would serve your
purposes, but I'd need to know how much hose you want. Two feet would be
fine if you just want to check from the engine compartment. Much more
would be necessary if you want to watch from the drivers seat while driving.

I don't recommend connecting a permanent gauge. That's unnecessary and
runs a lot of risk of leaks or worse. Very hard to do safely.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org