[T3] Need "hanger plate/bar bracket" L and R side for 1968 swingaxle notchback

J L Stamey jlstamey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 08:50:47 PDT 2020

Got the car tuned up and ready to roll yesterday. On way back from gas
station I heard a pop and a grinding or dragging sound. Pulled over
and noticed right side of engine was WAY low. Looked up underneath and
immediately noticed the hanger bar or bracket had snapped in 2!
I figured while I am in there, may as well replace both sides!

Looked around on ISP and a few other sources, all I see is IRS brackets.

pic of the motor drooping on the right:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2009130.jpg

pic of the bracket piece I need (attaches to underside of engine area
with 2 large, maybe 17mm or 19mm, bolts)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2009131.jpg

Anyone know how to get these and any tips or tricks to installing them?

Many thanks!