[T3] Heater channel leak

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Mar 14 08:22:35 PDT 2020

When my '71 Squareback did that, it was coming in from the rear fender, creeping under the underseal, and going all through the rocker to the front.  That was due to the engine cooling air intake seam sealant cracking off due to age.
The only evidence was a slight bulge in the underseal of the rear fender.
It's also possible it's rust between the front fender and heat outlet, or a leaking screen seal etc.

Is it usually parked nose down?

Dave,
UK VW Type 3 and 4 Club.