[T3] Diesel Oil, Flat Tappets & Gas Engines

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri May 8 20:40:29 PDT 2020

>I never heard this either. I assumed that ALL ZDDP >had been removed from
>the modern oils, but that was probably just an >assumption on my part.
------------
You are correct Jim ... it was an assumption. No fault of your own.  I
wouldn't expect anyone to know every brand, additive pkg., weight, etc.
that could be purchased on the market.

Amsoil sells an oil with ZDDP in it.
But they price it as if it were "liquid 24 carat gold".

The last time that I checked:  An Amsoil case of 12, 16 oz. bottles was
over $112.00. And that's if you pick it up at a distributors location.

Does the diesel engine oil that you buy at Fleet Farm (?) have all the
additives that you feel are "healthy" for our 50+ year old engines? ZDDP?
What weight do you buy?

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)