[T3] Diesel Oil, Flat Tappets & Gas Engines

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Fri May 8 21:40:10 PDT 2020

I used to use Diesel Engine Oil up until it was reformulated for the newer diesel engines. The old formulas contained a high level of zinc and phosphorus. The additive levels were reduced in the formula on the latest oils.

Porsche Classic sells a proper oil for air cooled cars. Unless it is a daily driver the cost of the oil is not a relative point.

Brion S.

On 8 May 2020 at 22:40, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> Does the diesel engine oil that you buy at Fleet Farm (?) have all the
> additives that you feel are "healthy" for our 50+ year old engines? ZDDP?
> What weight do you buy?

It's a 15W-40 diesel oil. I suspect it has more ZDDP than auto oil,