[T3] Diesel Oil, Flat Tappets & Gas Engines

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:12:04 PDT 2020

I knew that Jim A. would have a more complete response to the oil comment.
Thanks Jim.

Your extensive response will go into my "saved" file so I can reference the
info at a later date.  This "oil question" surfaces now & then, but it's
always a good refresher for me, to go over the info, occasionally.

Since my 1969 Square with the original 1600 engine only gets (possibly), 1
oil change per year, using the Amsoil product with ZDDP, even though it's
expensive, is still good insurance.

But I may have to reconsider switching to the diesel oil/added additive
option.

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)