[T3] Bracket bolt

charles tupper bbfn_o51951 at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 16:13:55 PDT 2020

I was installing a "new" automatic kickdown switch and needed to pull the mounting bracket that sits on the end of the oil cooler over the #3 cylinder, held in place by 2 10mm nuts. Some brilliant German engineers decided to say 3 phennings by not using a nutplate and instead, just using a 10mm (hex) bolt. As soon as you loosen the nut, the bolt falls down into the oil cooler mount.  I was able to retrieve the aft-most bolt with a magnet ... but I can't access the forward bolt.  It looks like the tinwork has to come off ... but that is a bridge too far.  Any ideas?
Charlie