[T3] up and Running!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Oct 1 15:17:40 PDT 2020

On 1 Oct 2020 at 16:41, Daniel Keith Du Vall wrote:

> I just needing the stub hose done. Jim does that and I can also just not
> really wanting to mess with them. I have a setup much like Max does and
> would like to switch to a more modern injector design.

A few years ago, I made a fixture to hold injectors while I cut off the hose
ferrules, just to make it easier. I can do this, and replace the hose stubs for
only $5 per injector. That's a bargain.

I have good relations with a local shop that has an injector cleaner. I've run a
few of our injectors thru it, but the owner told me when I first brought them in,
that our style doesn't tend to get clogged up. He does lots of injectors of all
different styles, and he finds that certain ones tend to need help and others
don't. For once, our stuff comes out looking good.

On ours, the hose stubs fail, and I've had a few leak in places that couldn't
be fixed, but I've never had one that needed anything else, other than to be
run in the car.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org