[T3] Chassis to body bolts

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Oct 22 09:07:56 PDT 2020

    On 20 Oct 2020 at 18:06, Max Welton wrote:

> I am bringing the chassis to the shop where the body is next weekend.
> Need to make sure I have all the fasteners.
>
> What length are the m10x1.50 bolts that go through the upper rear
> mounts? Also the bolts that connect the beam to the body up front.
>
> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2101825.jpg
>
> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2101824.jpg

Up thru '67, both appear to be 65 mm long. '68-on, the rear one was 70 mm,
which might make it easier to install. Don't forget the rubber bushings and all
the other little spacer and support washers that go in some of those places.

Also, that front bolt goes into a nut welded inside a body cavity. Best to
chase out the threads BEFORE you try to lay the body on the beam and
frame.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org