[T3] My Brain looks fine...

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Oct 23 17:53:21 PDT 2020

I dont think you'd get 6 or 7 uF in a package that size at that voltage
in a film cap, they'd have to be electrolytic or tantalum, did they have
Tanty caps back then?

Wima are very high quality.

Keith

I think those capacitors are very high quality film caps. They should be
good.
I've never seen a bad one. I have 2 of them sitting on one side of my bench.

One is WIMA and one is ERD (or ERO.) They are 6.8 uF/100 V and 5.8
uF/100 V. They measure well above those values on my cheap meter.

Fortunately, I don't think Bosch used ANY electrolytic caps in these
assemblies. All the parts in there look to be chosen to last forever. The
only
Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org