[T3] Body Oddities

Max Welton max.welton.2k at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:46:37 PDT 2020

So we're going over the body and there are a few things we don't
understand. Help!

First, in each wheel-well is a captive nut. Looks like for attaching
something on the inside of the car. This is the right side but there's
one on the left as well.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2105438.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2105437.jpg

Next, there is a small hole on the left-front. Looks factory. I'm
guessing for the horn wire?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2105440.jpg

There is a hole in the center of the front apron. For putting the
shift-rod into the front of the tunnel. Is there supposed to be a
cover there? Where might I get one?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2105441.jpg

And lastly there's this hole in the right rear of the body. I was
guessing it's for the tail light wiring, but there's no hole on the
left side.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2105446.jpg
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2105447.jpg

Max