[T3] Fuel hose

jadney at vwtype3.org jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Aug 17 21:54:10 PDT 2021

On 17 Aug 2021 at 18:41, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> Jim.  If you know, ... Is there a viable  "shelf/time limit" on the new
> hose that you offering for sale?

I believe that most hose comes marked with the manufacturing date as part of the periodic
inked identification along its entire length. There must be a good reason for this, but I've
never seen any comment in the maker's literature about a lifetime or shelf life. (I can easily
imagine that the military might make use of it.) My impression is that it ages almost not at
all if stored in a reasonable fashion (not too hot, no exposure to ozone, etc.)

Engine heat and exposure to gasoline, and all the extra components in there, are what
seem to do it in over time.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org