[T3] Front shocks

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Aug 15 06:38:49 PDT 2021

Ill have to see if I can still order that Sach's number, it would Sach if I cant.

Thanks

Keith'

As far as I know, nobody makes truly correct type 3 shocks anymore.  On my 65 Squareback I ended up replacing the failed originals with Sachs part number 195 431.  The compressed length was off by about an inch, as I recall.  Which direction I can't remember -- it's been a long while.  It made me grumpy initially, but they performed perfectly well.  I saved the originals because there are a few shops out there that do shock rebuilding/restoration and I figured it'd be one of those "one day" things.  Then I got tired of hanging on to them because the not-quite-right ones performed just fine and I was tired of shuffling the originals when looking for stuff in the garage.

Soren