[T3] Seal issue

jadney at vwtype3.org jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Aug 18 19:18:26 PDT 2021

On 18 Aug 2021 at 18:23, Max Welton wrote:

> This seal was fine when we initially installed it. Noticed today that
> the upper right corner has pulled back. Any ideas?
>
> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2208443.jpg

I'm not sure, but it looks like the trim insert is not fitting down against the rubber on its outer
edge. If that's correct, then my guess is that the windshield isn't fully seated in the opening.
How does this corner look on the inside? Did you use lots of lube (soapy water, etc) when
installing the seal?

Keith knows much more about the repacement seals than I do.

BTW: Really beautiful paint!   ;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org