[T3] FI Trottle Body Rebush?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Dec 28 10:21:33 PST 2021

On 28 Dec 2021 at 11:06, Max Welton wrote:

> I don't remember. Let me get you some pictures. I modified mine back when
> I converted to megasquirt and I'm now resurrecting the system for the new
> car. Right now I'm eliminating all sources of intake air leaks.

The only time an air leak at the throttle valve shaft would be important would
be if it was big enough to make it impossible to adjust the idle speed down
correctly. That really goes for any leaks at the IAD. Nothing there matters
unless so much air gets in that the idle speed is too high.

While I've never thought to do it, it wouldn't hurt for those of us with FI to put
a drop of oil on each end of the throttle valve shaft occasionally, just to limit
the wear.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org