[T3] FI Trottle Body Rebush?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Dec 29 05:47:06 PST 2021

On 28 Dec 2021 at 18:37, Max Welton wrote:

> So I pulled it out and cleaned it today. Not as bad as I thought.

Okay then, it's probably fine.

> Just as I was making progress the fuel pressure went away. So I got other
> things to worry about.

If you can still hear the pump motor run for ~1 second after you turn the key
ON, you probably have the typical problem with the pump check valve.
There's a little rubber bit in there that disintegrates after all this time. I
replace that bit with Teflon when I rebuild the pump head.

If the motor doesn't spin for that ~1 second, check to make sure you didn't
disturb wire #19 just to the left of the IAD, against the "firewall."

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org