[T3] New noise from engine

Larry Thrasher larryt3162 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 19:03:46 PST 2021

I've just started hearing a new noise from the engine in my '68 that has the factory FI. It come as a distinct metallic rattle any time you open the throttle, in neutral or on the road under load. The noise seems to originate from the 3rd cylinder area. I have checked the timing (0 at idle and about 35-37 max) and the valve gap is in specs.  The engine seems to run okay otherwise.
Any thoughts on what it may be and/or what I should check would be appreciated.
LarryT