[T3] Kettering Ignitions

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Feb 7 06:59:30 PST 2021

On 6 Feb 2021 at 22:38, David wrote:

> Yes I'm interested too!
>
> I didn't even know it was called a Kettering Ignition - so I learned
> something already!

Yes, named after Charles "Boss" kettering, who founded Delco, the Dayton
Engineering Laboratories Company, which made automotive electrical
system components in 1909, to make electrical components for various
makes, starting with the Kettering self-starter, what we know simply as a
"starter", and the Kettering (points & coil) ignition. Delco later became a
branch of GM. Kettering, Ohio survives to this day as a suburb of Dayton.

Nice Wikipedia article on him here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_F._Kettering

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org